Current Events in Maternal Health Care: Week of May 4, 2020
We have a new addition to the BIRTHFIT Blog! A couple of times per month we will be discussing current events in maternal health care. Take a look at our first installment below!
In these ever-changing times as a result of COVID-19, it is important to be up-to-date with current information regarding your rights and birthing during a pandemic.
Evidence Based Birth® (EBB) is an organization whose mission is to raise the quality of childbirth care globally, by putting accurate evidence-based research into the hands of families and communities, so they can make informed, empowered choices. EBB has been providing weekly updates and information around birthing during the pandemic. The Coronavirus COVID-19 | Evidence Based Birth Resource Page can be found here. This page contains resources for:
- Birthing in the Time of COVID-19: A Free Birth Class on YouTube
- Sampled Informed Consent Form for Refusal to Separate Birthing Parent and Infant
- Coronavirus COVID-19 Community Relaxation Session
It can be overwhelming with all the information flooding online platforms, so make sure to find a resource like Evidence Based Birth® that is reliable.
We realize some of your birthing or postpartum class plans may have changed as well. Here are a couple of virtual BIRTHFIT classes we have approaching:
- If you are looking for an in-depth virtual childbirth class during COVID-19, BIRTHFIT Portland is offering an online version of the BIRTHFIT Prenatal Series. It is a comprehensive childbirth education class for Mom and Partner beginning in May. Click here for details.
- BIRTHFIT South Bay will be hosting a virtual Postpartum Series beginning in May. Click here for details.
Get Started Below
Online Programs: https://birthfit.com/programs/online/