Natural Labor Induction Tips
I have a few mamas right now that are around the 39-41 week mark and just itching to get their babies out. All these ladies are determined to wait it out and let nature do its thing; however, they’ve also asked for the most natural ways to get labor started.
Therefore, I thought I’d share some ideas that we had discussed.
- Chiropractic Adjustments: Regular chiropractic adjustments throughout pregnancy are ideal; if you haven’t been going, then start asap.
- Body Work: Go see a massage therapist.
- Acupuncture: Regular acupuncture care throughout pregnancy is ideal. However, late in the third trimester is also the second best time to start.
- Herbs and homeopathic remedies can be of some benefit for women. Evening Primrose oil has been known to support thinning and dilation of the cervix. Black and blue cohosh are also go to remedies. Be sure to consult your provider before using any herbs.
- Some people swear by spicey foods.
- Other people swear by castor oil.
- Go for a long walk.
- Nipple Stimulation: 10-20 minutes every hour or two if you need to get labor started asap.
- Sex with intercourse: sperm has prostaglandins which help to prep and ripen the cervix. Once you orgasm, then oxytocin is released in your body, which can trigger contractions. Doggy-style is the best positions.
Keep in mind that baby will ultimately come when she/he is ready. If your baby and body are ready, then any one of these things could “work”. If your baby and body are not ready, then just breathe.