So you want to become a professional with BIRTHFIT?
When you apply to become a BIRTHFIT Professional, you are applying to represent BIRTHFIT and our four pillars in your everyday life. You are applying to be a leader in your community. You are applying to serve and provide a service to birthing people and their families. You are expected to lead from the front.
This is a huge responsibility and should not be taken lightly. Each BIRTHFIT Professional has had to go through an intense application process as well as continuing to hold the standard.
The Process to Become a BIRTHFIT Professional
The first thing you need to do is to go through a BIRTHFIT Professional Education Course (COMING SOON!)
Once you complete the online education within 6 months from purchase date you will receive an email to the BIRTHFIT Professional Application process. You will then have 60 days to submit your application and pay your application fee ($49).
Once approved, you will receive your BIRTHFIT Certificate and your link to the BIRTHFIT Leader Platform where you will get all of your resources, pay your yearly fee ($199) and have the ability to purchase the BIRTHFIT Curriculum.
NOTE: Every three years, you will need to recertify by taking the BIRTHFIT Professional Education Course and submitting a new application.
We look forward to having you as a BIRTHFIT Professional and part of the community!
Required Qualifications to be BIRTHFIT Professional
- BIRTHFIT Professional Education Course
- Professional License or Certification
- Malpractice Insurance
- CPR Certification (if in the US, must be through the Red Cross or American Heart Association; if outside US, certifying body should be of similar reputation)
- If you plan on teaching the BIRTHFIT Prenatal Series, you will need to have documentation of childbirth teaching experience in your file. Examples include: Childbirth Educator Training (ICEA), Doula certification, HypnoBirthing, Lamaze, Bradley, Birthing from Within, Mama Glow, Doula Training International (DTI), Doulas of North America (DONA).
- If you plan on coaching the BIRTHFIT Postpartum Series and/or BIRTHFIT Prenatal Fitness Foundations, we require a coaching certification. Examples include: CrossFit Level 1-4, Dynamic Neuromuscular Stabilization (DNS), Exercise 1, Weightlifting, Women’s Health, etc., CSCS, NASM, USAW, power Athlete Methodology – Level One
- OPTIONAL: One of the below are Strongly Recommended Additional Trainings
Strongly Recommended Additional Training
- (Doctor of Chiropractic only) Webster Certification
- (Physical Therapist only) Herman & Wallace Pelvic Floor Level 1 OR APTA Pelvic Health Physical Therapy Level 1
- Functional Range Conditioning (FRC)
- DEUCE Coach’s Prep
Being a Part of the BIRTHFIT Community
- Listed on www.BIRTHFIT.com with a link to your website. You will be featured alongside other BIRTHFIT Leaders (Coaches, Physical Therapists, Chiropractors, ObGyns, Midwives, etc.) that hold the standard.
- Simple setup
- No monthly fees
- Monthly Newsletters and Webinars
We are passionate about changing the game of pregnancy, birth, and postpartum so thank you for your interest in joining the community and movement. We understand that this position requires a bit of energy, space and financial investment, but we believe in this movement and want to share and uphold the standard we have set in place.
Please note: BIRTHFIT reserves the right to cancel your association at any time they deem behavior unacceptable and standards not being held. BIRTHFIT also reserves the right to add, change, or modify this outline at any time.