Today You Are You!

 

Screen Shot 2014-08-26 at 10.25.04 PM

Today you are YOU!

As a doula, I’ve had the opportunity to witness over 75 women give birth. Every single birth teaches me something, as every single birth is different. Just as we are unique individuals, the way we labor, the length of our labor, the sounds we make, and ultimately, the outcomes- are all very different. And that’s ok. Too many times we get stuck in what is “normal” or “usual” when it comes to pregnancy, labor, babies, you name it. It’s because it’s all new. It’s all uncharted territory, and we feel scared and anxious that we aren’t making the right decisions or doing it the “right” way.

It’s time to let that go. Part of our philosophy at BirthFIT is to honor each woman and meet her where she’s at- emotionally, physically, nutritionally- and guide her on her path towards having the healthiest, safest pregnancy and birth possible. This looks different for each woman. We’ve shown women doing muscle ups at 38 weeks. Does this mean YOU should be doing that? Does this mean you are any less if you don’t?

NO. 

We are here to show you what’s possible. We are here to show you inspiration. Is it possible to do muscle ups at 38 weeks? Sure. If it feels good to you. Is it possible to have a calm, easy labor? Definitely- with the right education and mindset training.

Don’t let what 98% of the world thinks is “normal” dictate your path. Go down the other fork in the road. Be the 2% that bucks the norm. Believe that you are capable of moving mountains. Believe that you are capable of having whatever kind of birth you desire. Believe in your innate strength as a woman.

You are made to do this!

#birthfit

 

@KGrosshaupt

 

Screen Shot 2014-08-26 at 6.29.28 AM

Training 

*Modify push ups and running as needed. Remember to read our disclaimer.

Rookie

Complete the following:

200m Run

Then 3 Rounds:

20 Air Squats

50’ Bear Crawl

10 (Modified) Push-ups

50’ Bear Crawl

200m Run

 

Prospect

400m Run

Then 3 Rounds:

20 Air Squats

50’ Bear Crawl

10 (Modified) Push-ups

50’ Bear Crawl

400m Run

 

All-Star

400m Run

Then 3 Rounds:

20 Air Squats

50’ Bear Crawl

10 (Modified) Push-ups

50’ Bear Crawl

400m Run

About

0 comments to " Today You Are You! "
Leave a Comment

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *