Shoulder Stability Exercise [Video]
This is a great shoulder stability exercise that can be included in a warm up or even done as a rehab exercise after coming off of a shoulder injury. Like I say in the video, even just holding the kettle bell above you is difficult. If that is enough for you, then stay there for a week and build up strength. Then incorporate internal and external rotations from the shoulder joint (glenohumeral joint). AND then proceed to this exercise. If you are using this exercise as a shoulder warm up, then I would do ten on each side starting light in weight and moving up. Watch the weight and keep your core engaged.
3 Thrusters (95#, 65#, 45#)
6 Pull ups
90 meter shuttle run
-Rest 2 min-
- Set up the shuttle run so that you run 15 meters down and 15 meters back. That way you run down and back three times for 90 meters.
- The weights are written in parentheses. The weight should be medium to heavy but you are able to do three reps each round without setting the bar down.
- If you need to substitute KBs, then use two KBs.
- Bands and ring rows are a fine pull up modification. Plate rows are suitable as well.
- If you would like to substitute the shuttle run, then do so with a weight farmer’s carry for 60 meters.